ArtEZ’s Master's of Music Therapy are able to:
- offer evidence-based music therapy treatment methods to populations with complex clinical problems.
- offer music therapy treatment based on neuroscientific foundations of music.
- initiate and conduct (applied) research within the clinical field or in interdisciplinary settings
- lead musical projects within the professional field and effectively monitor multiple organizational developments.
- develop their own music therapy practice in close collaboration with other practitioners in healthcare and, particularly, mental and neurologic healthcare.
- develop and enhance the field of music therapy and build networks in their own country or culture of origin.
- think and act always as committed, resilient, culturally sensitive, critical, ethically-responsible, creative and innovative professionals.
Master of Music Therapy student Digna Huinink composed 10 songs together with young refugees in Lesbos. The songs are about broken hearts, but also about the hope and wishes for the future.