Study during Corona
Read the FAQ's about study information events, admission and study at ArtEZ during Corona.
- to FAQ Corona
Do you want to apply for the Bachelor in Fashion Design? If so, you must meet the following conditions:
- You can be submitted with an international diploma, provided that the diploma is equivalent to a Dutch diploma. The Student Administration evaluates this before you are admissible
- This course, which is taught in English, is subject to language requirements
- You must successfully complete an admission procedure
Are you in any doubt as to whether you will be able to meet the diploma requirements at the start of the course? If so, please get in touch before you apply.
Apply for the ArtEZ Fashion Design course in Arnhem via Studielink. After you have applied, the course will send you information about the entrance examination. You will also receive an email containing a home assignment and a link to an online questionnaire.
After applying for the admission procedure, you will take the entrance examination. During this examination, we assess whether Fashion is the right course for you and whether you have sufficient talent and motivation to succeed in the course.
- Your creative ability: your ability to express yourself visually, to work based on observation and concept. We will also be looking for things like drawing skills, understanding of and feel for colour, form and material and the individuality expressed by your work.
- Your motivation and ability to communicate. How are your communicative skills? To what extent are you able to share your fascination and inspiration? How dynamic and disciplined are you?
- Your ability to reflect critically on images. Here we will be looking for an inquiring and experimental attitude, curiosity and a genuine interest in contemporary art practice.
The entrance exam consists of an interview:
- A conversation about your motivation and general level of interest
- Assessment of the work you have brought with you.
Bring not only finished products, but also designs and sketches that provide insight into the creative process.
- Assessment of the results of the home assignment
Bring the results of the design assignment which you were given after applying to the course via Studielink.
Depending on the results of the first part of the entrance examination, the interview, you will receive an invitation to take part in the practical part of the examination the next day from 10.00 - 16.00. On this day, you will work on various assignments at the academy in Arnhem.
If you are not invited after the interview on the first day to participate in the practical part of the examination, you will immediately be told why.
In principle, there are two selection rounds: at the beginning of March and end of April.
- First entrance examination 12 and 13 March 2021
- Second entrance examination 23 and 24 April 2021
Result and validity
The admissions committee will advise the Board of Examiners whether or not to admit you. You will be notified of the result within three working weeks of the entrance examination.
An admission is only valid for the course for which you have applied. If you wish to do an audition to a course or specialisation at a different location, you must apply for this separately. The admission is only valid for the academic year immediately following the interview.
Arrive for the entrance examination properly prepared
Are you considering applying for the Fashion Design course? The preparatory Art & Design course prepares you thoroughly for the entrance examination.