Study during Corona
Read the FAQ's about study information events, admission and study at ArtEZ during Corona.
- to FAQ Corona
Theatre in Education admission requirements
If you would like to apply for the Bachelor of Theatre in Education in Arnhem, you must meet the following conditions:
- pre-university education (VWO), upper general secondary education (HAVO), secondary vocational education (MBO: level 4) or equivalent;
- Language requirements apply to this course;
- You must successfully complete an intensive selection procedure of two rounds.
- After applying for selection, you will go through a selection procedure, consisting of two rounds. After the first round, you will hear whether you have made it to the second round. In the selection we pay attention to factors such as aptitude, interest and attitude. We also assess your ability to further develop yourself artistically and to complete the course successfully within four years.
- The selection committee will advise the Board of Examiners whether or not to admit you.
Selection round dates
Occasion 1: Saturday January16 (1st round), Monday 25 January + Tuesday 26 January (2nd round)
Occasion 2: Thursday 1 April (1sr round), Monday 12 April + Tuesday 13 April (2nd round)
Occasion 3: Monday 7 June (1e round), Monday 14 June + Tuesday 15 June (2nd round)
It is advisable to apply at least two weeks in advance so that you can prepare for the selection assignment.
Result and validity
After the selection you will be notified within five working days whether you have been admitted. During the selection process, we will provide you with feedback to give you insight into our assessment of your suitability for the course. The admission only applies to the Theatre in Education course in Arnhem and to the academic year immediately following the selection round.
After you have created a Studielink account, you can apply there for the selection procedure for the Theatre in Education course in Arnhem. You will then receive a confirmation from the course by email and at a later time an invitation with information about the programme, time and assignments.
Well prepared for the audition
If you wish to prepare for the audition, sign up for Theatre preparatory course Oost (Dutch). On fifteen Friday evenings and fifteen Saturdays you will become intensively acquainted with the theatre profession.