Specific admission criteria for Clarinet
In addition to the general admission criteria, there are also specific instrumental requirements. During the audition, you will perform at least one étude and a recital piece, unless indicated otherwise. The pieces mentioned are merely examples. You can also opt for other works of a similar level.
Your performing skills will be tested on the basis of:
- Major and minor scales (with up to three sharps and flats) along with the accompanying arpeggiated triads;
- A technical étude such as Klos’ Exercices journaliers (Leduc), nos. 3, 5, 13 & 15, or Bozza’s Douze études (Leduc) nos. 4, 6 & 12;
- A melodic étude such as Gabuzzi’s 20 Studi di media difficolta (Ricordi), nos. 1,2,4 &18, or Jeanjean’s Études progressives et mélodique (Leduc), nos. 5, 7,11 &15;
- A recital of, for instance, Weber’s Introduktion, Thema und Variationen or Baermann’s Adagio;
- A concerto such as Stamitz’ Konzert in Es or Nr. 3 in Bdur, or Kramar-Kommer’s Konzert in Es.