Specific admission criteria for Vocals
In addition to the general admission criteria, there are also specific admission criteria for each instrument. You will prepare five pieces which differ somewhat in character and pace. During the audition, you will perform three of the five prepared pieces. You may be accompanied by your own band or that of the Academy of Music. You will sing at least one of the pieces with a microphone.
Important aspects that may be included in the audition and will also be taken into account during the evaluation phase:
- An ability to interpret a song in a personal way;
- An effective presentation and understanding of text;
- Clear pronunciation;
- Clear intonation;
- Good timing;
- A voice that is medically healthy (if necessary, a certificate may be required, which has been drawn up by a doctor affiliated to the Dutch KNO organisation);
- Singing a fragment from a score;
- Repeating a number of fragments by ear and producing variations and/or improvising on them;
- An ability to improvise on a simple chord connection.