Specific admission criteria for Hammond
In addition to the general admission criteria, there are also specific admission criteria for each instrument. You will prepare five pieces which differ somewhat in character and pace. During the audition, you will perform three of the five prepared pieces. You may be accompanied by your own band or that of the Academy of Music.
Important aspects that may be included in the audition and will also be taken into account during the evaluation phase:
- Playing major and minor scales and arpeggiated triads across the entire instrument, and in both parallel movement and countermovement;
- Repeating melodies and harmonies by ear;
- Following a brief preparation, playing a piece from sheet music (G clef and F clef);
- Following a brief preparation, improvising on a given chord progression with consciously selected harmonic and melodic material;
- Creating a bass line according to a given progression.