Specific admission criteria for Guitar
In addition to the general admission criteria, there are also specific admission criteria for each instrument. You will prepare five pieces which differ somewhat in character and pace. During the audition, you will perform three of the five prepared pieces. You may be accompanied by your own band or that of the Academy of Music.
Important aspects that may be included in the audition and will also be taken into account during the evaluation phase:
- A relaxed and effective posture;
- A command of an adequate plectrum technique (alternate picking, legato, etc.);
- An ability to read music up to the fifth position (simple melodic lines);
- An ability to play scales and arpeggiated triads in all keys and positions;
- An ability to improvise on a simple chord progression both by sight and by ear;
- An ability to improvise on a functional harmonic sequence;
- A ready knowledge of sevenths in various positions (as notated in chord symbols).