Specific admission criteria for Bass guitar
In addition to the general admission criteria, there are also specific admission criteria for each instrument. You will prepare five pieces which differ somewhat in character and pace. During the audition, you will perform three of the five prepared pieces. You may be accompanied by your own band or that of the Academy of Music.
Important aspects that may be included in the audition and will also be taken into account during the evaluation phase:
- An ability to play major and minor scales in all keys;
- An ability to play arpeggiated triads and tetrads in all keys;
- An ability to play scales and tetrads with the correct fingering and attack;
- An ability to improvise on a simple chord progression by ear;
- An ability to play simple themes;
- An ability to create a bass line according to a given chord progression;
- Reading and performing chord symbols and notation;
- Following a brief preparation, an ability to accompany at sight a simple chord progression with the appropriate style of bass line;
- Following a brief preparation, an ability to perform a simple theme written in the bass clef;
- An ability to repeat a simple bass line;
- A relaxed and effective posture.