The ArtEZ Scholarship is meant for new students other than those of the European Economic Area.
ArtEZ Scholarship for Non-EU/EEA Students
For the academic year 2021-2022, ArtEZ has the honour of offering the brightest and most excellent students from outside the European Economic Area an ArtEZ scholarship.
ArtEZ Scholarships are committed to the international and diversity strengthening at ArtEZ. While they also demand certain records of academic rigour and artistic excellence as a base upon which the student can be reviewed, the focus of the ArtEZ scholarships is the enabling of diverse kinds of students to cross the often intimidating threshold of Art Universities. ArtEZ Scholarships are monitored and offered as a way of encouraging new voices, vocabularies, grammars, expressions and ambitions for our learning and research programmes and are committed to helping potential students building a critical community of care and responsibility within ArtEZ.
The ArtEZ Scholarship amounts to € 5,000 per chosen student, per year, for the duration of the degree course. The scholarship is paid (or subtracted from the tuition fee), at the beginning of each study year, if and when, the student advances to the next study year. In case of deregistration, the ArtEZ Scholarship will be reimbursed in proportion.
Which criteria do you have to meet?
This scholarship will be granted solely to students who meet the following criteria:
- you have a Non-EU/EEA nationality
- you must have passed the entrance exam and have been accepted into an ArtEZ' full-time Bachelor's or Master's course
- you have enrolled through Studielink
- you will start your study in September 2021 as a first year student
- you have never studied in the Netherlands before
- you will have to pay the institutional tuition fee
- your talent must have been justified by the head of the ArtEZ course to which you have successfully applied
How can you apply for the ArtEZ Scholarship?
You can start your application as of 1 February 2021, after you have been admitted to a course of ArtEZ. The Student Affairs Department will invite you to apply for a scholarship. You will receive an email with all the information. Before 1 May 2021 we must have received all the required documents. Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
The required documents are:
- the application form
- a motivation letter (this letter, no longer than 2-4 pages/no more than 450 words, contains an in-depth explanation as to the reasons why you have chosen to apply)
- a reference letter (written reference(s) and/or recommendation letter(s) from relevant 3rd parties not related to ArtEZ (teachers, mentors, professors, employers, etc.)
When will the application be confirmed?
ArtEZ Student Affairs will check whether all the required documents are received and inform you about the further procedure.
When will you know the results of your application?
A committee, headed by both Master and Bachelor Deans, will examine your application and decide whether you will receive a scholarship, or not. Subsequently ArtEZ Student Affairs will send you an email to let you know the decision.
Do you still have questions?
For more information you can always send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.