The ArtEZ Scholarship is meant for new students other than those of the European Economic Area.
ArtEZ Scholarship for Non-EU/EEA Students
For the academic year 2023-2024, ArtEZ has the honour of offering the brightest and most excellent students from outside the European Economic Area an ArtEZ scholarship.
For the academic year 2023-2024, ArtEZ has the honour of offering non-European students who are among the brightest and most excellent in their field an ArtEZ scholarship. Still, it is not only brightness and excellence that matters: ArtEZ is also committed to strengthen the international diversity of its student population. This is bolstered by the ArtEZ scholarships. While the scholarships surely demand certain records of academic rigour and artistic excellence as a base upon which the student can be reviewed, they also aim to enable diverse kinds of students to cross the often intimidating threshold of art universities. ArtEZ scholarships are monitored and offered as a way of encouraging new voices, vocabularies, grammars, expressions and ambitions for our learning and research programmes and are committed to helping potential students building a critical community of care and responsibility within ArtEZ.
The ArtEZ Scholarship amounts to € 5,000 per chosen student, per year, for the duration of the degree course. The scholarship is paid (or subtracted from the tuition fee), at the beginning of each study year, if and when, the student advances to the next study year. In case of deregistration, the ArtEZ Scholarship will be reimbursed in proportion.
Which criteria do you have to meet?
This scholarship will be granted solely to students who meet the following criteria.
- has a Non-EU/EEA nationality;
- must have passed the entrance exam and have been accepted into an ArtEZ' full-time Bachelor's or Master's course;
- will start his/her study in September 2023 as a first year student;
- has never studied in the Netherlands before;
- has to pay the institutional tuition fee;
- meets the requirements to register with ArtEZ and, if applicable, to obtain a visa;
- makes plausible that there is a gap in her/his financial plan for studying at ArtEZ and that the scholarship contributes significantly to a viable plan;
- contributes demonstrably to the diversity of the learning community of the course;
- demonstrates potential to develop continuously;
- is able to reflect profoundly on her/his background and education as well as how these influence her/his work.
How can you apply for the ArtEZ Scholarship?
You can start your application as of 1 February 2023, after you have been admitted to a course of ArtEZ. The Student Affairs Department will invite you to apply for a scholarship. You will receive an email with all the information. Before 1 May 2023 we must have received all the required documents. Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
When will the application be confirmed?
ArtEZ Student Affairs will check whether all the required documents are received and inform you about the further procedure.
When will you know the results of your application?
A committee, headed by both Master and Bachelor Deans, will examine your application and decide whether you will receive a scholarship, or not. Subsequently ArtEZ Student Affairs will send you an email to let you know the decision.
Do you still have questions?
For more information you can always send an email to email@example.com.