- Obtaining your school diploma while receiving professional dance education at the Beekdal Lyceum school at the same time
- You will be trained in contemporary dance, but the solid foundation in dance techniques also allows you to develop yourself in other dance styles
- For up-and-coming and top talent from primary school year 7 onwards
- Child-oriented instruction in a professional setting, by competent dance teachers of ArtEZ
- Aimed at a healthy, natural physical and mental development as a dancer, appropriate to your age, abilities and way of learning
- Attention to developing your individuality in dance
- You will be introduced to the many professional opportunities in the dance sector
You can also take the ArtEZ Dance Preparatory Course in Venlo. Both preparatory courses have the same goal: to develop your physical and mental skills as a dancer.
Orientation class for young dancers
In dance it is important to start preparing at a young age. Do you already know that you want to become a professional dancer, choreographer or dance teacher? Or do you love dancing, but you do not yet know what you would like to do with it? At ArtEZ you can already start with the orientation class in years 7 and 8 of primary school. It is the perfect way to find out whether you aspire to a career in dance. After the orientation phase, you can audition for the Dance Preparatory Course for secondary school students.
More about the orientation class
Combine school with intensive dance training
Is dancing all the world to you? And do you possibly want to become a dancer or a dance teacher? The higher professional education Dance Preparatory Course in Arnhem allows you to increase your chances of making your dream come true.
At a regular secondary school it is often difficult to combine intensive dance training with school. We work together with the Beekdal Lyceum secondary school in Arnhem. This school for HAVO (senior general secondary education) and VWO (pre-university education) is one of the twelve schools in the Netherlands where young talents can follow an adapted curriculum. This allows you – in addition to all the dance classes, projects and performances that are part of the Dance Preparatory Course – to 'simply' get your school diploma.
View the curriculum
After the preparatory course, you are well prepared for the auditions of the Dance and Dance in Education bachelor courses.
Are you interested in the orientation classes and the ArtEZ Dance Preparatory Course in Arnhem? Then sign up first for the Workshop day – a great opportunity to get to know us. You will be taught classical dance, modern dance and folklore. Afterwards, students of the Dance Preparatory Course will give a presentation. The Workshop day is organised by teachers of the course.
View date and sign in
Are you going to year 7 or 8 of primary school or to the first year of secondary school and would you like to take the orientation class or the Dance Preparatory Course? Then sign up for the audition in Arnhem.
More about audition and admission