Check which programmes you will take each study year in the Guitar curriculum
In addition to the general admission criteria, there are also specific admission criteria for each instrument. You will prepare five pieces which differ somewhat in character and pace. These pieces can be in the style(s) of your choice, so you can play any form of jazz, latin or pop music, or a mix of these styles. During the audition, you will perform a maximum of three of the five prepared pieces. You are preferably accompanied by your own band or, if that is impossible, by students of the Academy of Music.
Important aspects that may be included in the audition and will also be taken into account during the evaluation phase:
• Play the music and style you love the most and be open for the unknown…
• Whatever you do - do it with expression, intensity and joy!
• Most important aspects are: timing, phrasing, interplay and sound (you can bring your pedals…).
• Play with a relaxed posture and proper left and right hand techniques.
• Sufficient skills of basic scales, arpeggios and chords (triads and seventh chords) is necessary.
• Show your ability to play and improvise over basic jazz chord progressions (both by ear and sight-reading).
• Repeat a simple phrase by ear.
• Show some examples of your comping (with a simple chord progression and/or some riffs).