I applied for an English-language master course.
Language requirements Master of Music
- IELTS 5.5
- TOEFL Paper 525
- TOEFL Internet 70
- TOEIC 620/260 (listening & reading / speaking & writing)
- Cambridge B2 First - Grade C (scale 162-168)
Language requirement other master courses*
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL paper 550
- TOEFL INTERNET 80
- TOEIC 670/290 (listening & reading / speaking & writing)
- Cambridge B2 First - Grade B (scale 173 - 175) / Cambridge B2 First - Grade C (scale 169 - 172)
* NB: Are you applying for the Typography Workshop or DAI Art Praxis master courses? The English-language level for these courses will be tested for all students during the admission interview. In case of doubt will the above certificates be requested.
You meet this language requirement if:
- English is your mother tongue and English is the national language of the country where you completed your secondary education, or
- you have attended and obtained a degree at a havo or vwo level (or higher) in an English-language course, or
- you have obtained a sufficient degree for the final examination course English at havo or vwo level (English at MBO-4 level is not sufficient) in the Netherlands, Bonaire, Sint-Eustatius or Saba, or
- your course is on the Diploma list (part of the Code of Conduct).
You don't meet this language requirement if:
- you have a degree at mbo-4 level, or
- your country of origin is not on the Diploma list.
What if you don't meet the language requirement?
If you don't meet the language requirement, you must ensure that you obtain a certificate at the required level. For more information, please visit IELTS and TOEFL.
As soon as we have received your application via Studielink, the Student Affairs department will ask you to send us a copy of the certificate you have obtained.
NB: The deadline for submission is 31 August. Submit the information as early as possible in order to gain timely assurance about your registration. If you need a residence permit to study at ArtEZ, the deadline is earlier, namely 31 May.