Criteria for admission
- Do you hold an equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the arts, humanities or social sciences and do you have your own art practice, website or portfolio? Please send us your CV, also when you are not (yet) ready with your Bachelor degree or if you hold another equivalent certification or professional diploma.
- Do you have at least 3 years of work experience in the field of (digital) art & design, in the Netherlands or abroad? Can you demonstrate a portfolio of artistic work, things you made, did, produced, performed?
- Do you speak, read and write English, enough to follow the lectures and read academic articles, books, literature? We don’t require a IELTS or TOEFL score.
Then: mail your CV/resume, artistic portfolio and short motivation letter (max. one page) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 9th of April, 2023
Admissions come on a first come, first serve basis. We admit participants based on the earlier artistic practice (demonstrated by a short portfolio, website, CV), motivation and professional dedication.
Participants do not require an bachelor's Degree. Proficiency in (spoken and written) English is important. A TOEFL or IELTS score or language certification is not required.
An online interview can be part of the admission.
Obtain an ArtEZ Certificate of Participation
Your research essay will be assessed and provided with feedback from qualified ArtEZ staff, after which it can be published online. Finalizing your research essay is required to obtain the Certification from ArtEZ. This is the proof of the pudding and the acknowledgement of your research and final exibition work. The Community Research Programme does not have formal ECTS/credits attached to it.
1700 Euro incl. VAT. Participants will have to organize their own accommodation, local travel and international travel (if applicable). An invitation letter to obtain a visa can be provided for to non-EU Passport holders upon request.
The program offers a maximum of 2 scholarships (waiving the fees) for students with a demonstrated motivation to participate and an exceptional contribution to the research topic. In case you are only able to attend with a scholarship, please mention this clearly in your motivation letter.
- Deadline for admission: 9th of April, 2023
- Start: 8th May, 2023
- Exhibition: 14th of July (start of the exhibition)
- Deadline research paper: 10th of September, 2023
Days of instruction/workshops: parttime, on Fridays and Saturdays.
You are free on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and mostly Sundays. However, the studio in New West is open for you.
Would you like to know more about this program and partnership with Pakhuis de Zwijger? Or do you have questions?
Please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com