During the Music in Education course in Enschede, you will become an all-round musician who loves making music and playing together. You will also develop your talent for teaching and become an expert at writing and arranging music.
This is Music in Education at ArtEZ in Enschede:
- You will develop under the supervision of outstanding lecturers and in a great atmosphere to become an enthusiastic and expert teacher of music, art in general and cultural and artistic education.
- You will work intensively with approximately 50 students from all year groups, travel abroad on cultural trips three times per year and work together annually on a music theatre performance called the MuziekProductie.
- You will gain a solid musical foundation thanks to lessons in your main instrument, singing lessons, piano lessons, guitar lessons and percussion. You will be part of a large number of instrumental and vocal ensembles. The lessons in your main instrument (classical & light) will be delivered by lecturers from the OvhO orchestra and the Pop Academy, among others.
- There will be a strong focus on methodology/didactics classes, in which you will learn to teach and have your internships supervised from A to Z.
- You will gain significant knowledge and skills in the fields of music theory, music history and aural training by means of a revolutionary delivery method: the Music Theory Workshop, in which writing music is key.
- You will participate in various project weeks led by professionals from the Netherlands and abroad.
- Thanks to the partnership with MediaMusic, Pop Academy and Music Therapy, you will be able to take lessons in these departments in order to even better match your studies to your personal talent and wishes.
- You will experiment with new teaching models, linked to the latest technological resources.
- You are choosing an accredited Top Study Programme which has a strong reputation in the Netherlands.
Following completion of your studies, you will have a first-grade teaching qualification. You will be able to teach in regular education, in music schools and in the educational activities of an orchestra, ensemble or opera company. If you already have a School of Music diploma, we will make a syllabus for you so that you can achieve the Music in Education diploma in your time and in your way.
Music in Education is also available in Zwolle and as a customised programme.
Admission Music in Education Enschede
After your registration via Studielink, we will invite you for the entrance examination. The substantive information can be found at admission.