You have a bachelor degree in any creative field including a liberal arts degree.
Applicants will be evaluated in terms of their reflective ability on the current state of fashion and how they consider their practice to be relevant within the context of the research areas proposed by the course, this is evidenced in their research proposal. They will also be evaluated based on their letter of motivation in which they reflect on how they can both benefit from and contribute to the course. (see Admission procedure) We will admit a maximum of twelve applicants for the Master Fashion Design.
You enrol via Studielink. You will be asked to submit these documents
- a copy of your passport;
- a copy of your bachelor diploma (preferably in English and with a list of credits);
- a copy of IELTS 6.0/TOEFL diploma for the English language requirements. More information >>
After enrolment, you will receive an email regarding the admission procedure.
If we approve of your diplomas and documents, Master Fashion Design will ask you to submit:
- A substantial and well-considered research proposal and/or a set of research questions relating to one or more of the research areas mentioned in the overview. Your research proposal and/or research questions outline and structure in detail the practice you will be engaged in during your two years of study.
- A description of your current practice/business and how you see it evolve within the context of the MA Fashion Design programme.
- A text in which you explain what your considerations are for applying to this programme specifically and what it is that you will contribute.
- a CV on your educational background and ongoing artistic practice.
- a portfolio that best represents your current practice.
These entries will provide the basis of an offer of interview. If selected, you are invited for an admission interview conducted by the Head of the Master Fashion Design and at least one of the course lecturers. For candidates living outside the Netherlands, interviews are held via Skype.
If you are a non-EU/EEA student and depending on an ArtEZ and/or Holland scholarship, you need to apply in Round 1 or 2. EU/EEA students and other non-EU/EEA students (not depending on Scholarships) apply in Round 3.
Round 1: Non EU/EEA students that apply for a ArtEZ and/ or Holland Scholarship
We highly recommend that Non EU/EEA students who want to apply for an ArtEZ and/ or Holland Scholarship choose this route. Your application and visa-arrangements will take a lot of time and our experience is that applicants of round 2 experience serious time constraints.
• January 3rd 2020 - Enrolment through Studielink
• January 16th 2020 - Submitting documents deadline
• January 24th 2020 – Notification to applicants
• February 12th 2020 - Admission interviews
Round 2: Non EU/EEA students that apply for a ArtEZ and/ or Holland Scholarship
• February 28th 2020 - Enrolment through Studielink
• March 12th 2020 - Submitting documents deadline
• March 20th 2020 – Notification to applicants
• April 2nd 2020 - Admission interviews
Round 3: EU/EEA and other non EU-EEA students
• April 3rd 2020 for EU/EEA - Enrolment through Studielink
• April 15th 2020 - Submitting documents deadline
• April 24th 2020 – Notification to participants
• May 13th and 14th 2020 - Admission interviews
Round 4: EU students
• June 18th 2020 for EU - Enrolment through Studielink
• June 20th 2020 - Submitting documents deadline
• June 26th 2020 – Notification to participants
• July 1st 2020 - Admission interviews
As Non EU/EEA student, you must transfer a financial guarantee.
Language requirements apply to every higher professional education. Language requirement for this study: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. More information.
You will need to prove your language proficiency by handing in a certificate stating your level before 31 August. if you need a residence permit to study at ArtEZ, the delivery deadline is 31 May!
If you are a non-EU/EEA resident, there are two scholarships you can apply for: the ArtEZ and/or Holland scholarship. Deadline for both scholarships is May 1st 2020.
Please contact Student Affairs for information about scholarships, enrolment deadlines, residence permits, accommodation and any other related questions: studentaffairs@ArtEZ.nl
Admission interviews will be held in April and May. In case you have any questions regarding the admission procedure, feel free to contact our Coordinator Ms. Maite Tjon a Hie. MasterFashionDesign@Artez.nl.