Master of Architecture admission criteria
- A Bachelor in Engineering (University of Applied Sciences or University of Technology) or a Bachelor in Design (for example, Architectural Design or Interior Architecture) with demonstrably adequate technical knowledge. In some cases, candidates with a different background may also be admitted, provided they have sufficient relevant work experience.
- Letter of motivation and CV.
- Language requirements apply to every higher professional education. Language requirement for this study: B2 or equivalent. More information.
- Applicants must have successfully completed the entrance examination. During this examination, we will assess your chances of successfully completing the study programme.
All our study programmes have language requirements. You will need to prove your language proficiency by handing in a certificate stating your level. The level for Architecture is:
- B2, before 1 September. If you need a residence permit to study at ArtEZ, the delivery deadline is 1 June!
Letter of motivation and CV
You must submit the following:
- A letter setting out your reasons for choosing this programme.
- A CV listing the study programmes/courses you have taken plus your practical experience and/or portfolio.
- Copies of relevant diplomas.
Send these documents, preferably before 1 June 2021, to: ArtEZ Academie van Bouwkunst, Secretariaat Master Architectuur, Onderlangs 9, 6812 CE Arnhem; Or digitally to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application dates for the academic year 2021/2022 will be published in October.
There is an important distinction between admissibility (meeting the admission requirements) and actual admission. Actual admission to the Architecture master's programme is decided by an entrance examination. As a rule, an interview is also part of the admission procedure. The entrance examination may be taken on request, even before you enrol via Studielink. If you enrol via Studielink after the entrance examination, the result of the entrance examination will be linked to your application.
Result and validity
You will be informed of the result of your entrance examination within three working weeks. Admission is only valid for the programme you have applied for. If you wish to be admitted for a course or specialisation at a different location, you should enrol for that separately. Admissions are only valid for the academic year immediately following the entrance examination.