Attending a course means paying tuition fees. Depending on your situation, you will be liable for either the legally stipulated tuition fees or the institute’s tuition fees. Most students will pay the legally stipulated tuition fees. For every course, these amount to €1,906 during the 2014-2015 academic year.
Legally stipulated tuition fees
You will pay the legally stipulated tuition fees if you fulfil both of the requirements listed below. In all other cases, you will pay the institute’s tuition fees:
1. The nationality requirement
The nationality requirement comprises the following:
- You are an EU/EEA, Swiss or Surinamese national, or
- You come from a non-EEA country and have been recognised by the UAF as a refugee student, or
- You are eligible for a student grant in accordance with the Dutch Student Finance Act (WSF 2000), or
- You are not an EU/EEA national but are related to an EEA citizen living in the Netherlands (See: the 2004/38/EG Directive).
2. You have not previously been awarded a degree
This condition requires that you have not already gained a degree through Dutch-funded higher education at any point from
1 September 1991 onwards. Specifically, it implies a Bachelor’s degree if you will be attending a Bachelor’s course or a Master’s degree if you are embarking on a Master’s course. However, this does not apply if you will be taking a course in education or healthcare and have not previously earned a degree in either of these specialisations.
ArtEZ maintains the right to charge the institute’s tuition fees if any of the conditions mentioned above are no longer fulfilled during the academic year.
Institute’s tuition fees
You will pay the institute’s tuition fees if you do not fulfil the conditions mentioned above. Separate regulations determine the amounts involved. The various rates of tuition fees are included in the tuition fees calculator. They are also listed in the summary at the bottom of this page.
For new students, the institute’s tuition fees amount to €9,120 for every course during the 2014-2015 academic year.